Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I always tell my kids and those around me, "We don't know the end of the story." The lesson here is from Ecclesiates 3:11 "Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." God knows the end from the beginning. In this chapter He goes on to say "I know that whatever God does,
It shall be forever.
Nothing can be added to it,
And nothing taken from it.
God does it, that men should fear before Him.
15 That which is has already been,
And what is to be has already been;
And God requires an account of what is past.

In other words "God has a plan." He knows the end from the beginning. He holds eternity in His hands. He says all things work together for our good, even if it is suffering or pain. This may not sound like the god you've always believed in, but I am comforted by the name of Jesus who is the "God with us." That is His name and his promise. Even in our darkest moments, moments of failure and disappointment, He is still "God with us." He never leaves us or forsakes us. As David said, "Though I make my bed in Sheol (hell) You will be there with me." He is ready to forgive all who call on Him. He is there in the day and night, in the pain and sorrow, He never leaves us. He knows the end of the story, because he is "in" the story with us. He wasn't just "God with us," on the cross, two thousand years ago. He is still "God with us," today.
So then, this the "how" we endure, and the "why" we endure, and the results, we leave up to God

No comments:

Post a Comment